Thursday, April 22, 2021

Week 2 of Sleep Challenge

Welcome to week two!  I hope you are enjoying the week off.  When we have these wonderful weeks I never can decide if I should sleep in and turn off the alarm or keep the routine so I don't lose it.  Regardless of what I choose my two dogs seem to do the opposite. I try to sleep in, they are wide awake and barking at 4:30!

Did you know what you eat and drink before bed can affect your sleep? The connection between food and sleep is complex. You know that what you eat affects your sleep, but did you know that the reverse is also true? Studies now show that people who are sleep deprived tend to eat more fat-rich foods, simple carbohydrates, and fewer vegetables, possibly because sleep loss alters chemical signals connected to metabolism and hunger. In fact, some researchers believe sleep deprivation to be a factor in the rising rates of obesity. Eating and sleeping well are two vital components of health that are tied in surprising ways.

Week two sleep video HERE.

If you have any questions please reach out.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the week!

(Angela Moulton)

No comments:

Post a Comment